30 March 2009

Bryn Mawr College



Obviously the text on this cartoon is incorrect but it gives an idea as to how the layout would work. The original concept (that accompanied this text) was to have a number of book shelves and to use the books to show the donation percentages for each college, but after looking at a few of the sketches the client decided it was not effective enough. Thankfully my wife is a brilliant Pharmaceutical scientist so when I was asked to take on this chemistry concept all I had to do was tell her I was looking for some cool chemistry set-ups that didn't look like a kit that a kid would get for his 12th birthday from his dorky Uncle. I had a pretty terrible school experience and never set foot in a chemistry lab so I was thankful for Daisy's assistance in showing me what to look for. Proper research can make or break an illustration, you know? Anyway I had fun with the bottles and all of that and I hope you enjoy it too. Once I get the version with the correct text I will repost it.

I did another cartoon for Bryn Mawr back here if you're interested in seeing it.

The Art Director behind both Bryn Mawr cartoons was by Nancy McDonald, the first person to give me my big break doing all of that Philadelphia Zoo work many years back.

No comments: