15 March 2009

Illustration Friday: Legendary



Who is more legendary than Charlton Heston?
He has always been a hero of mine, not only because he was a great stage and film actor (and unknown to most, a wonderful "sketcher") but among the stupidity of most of hollywood, he remained happily married to the same woman for 63 years. In Hollywood today or any other day, that is a miracle.

I will always remember him as a man’s man, someone who was never afraid to speak the truth (even in the face of that hideous monster, Rosie O’Donnell). He had values and he acted on them without apology.

Five years ago
Charlton Heston kindly wrote a forward for my sketchbook journal, Two Weeks Southwest and I would like to share it with you...


Yes, Charlton Heston’s forward was a joke and no, I was not a set art director in 1952.

Now go and watch Ben-Hur, the greatest movie ever made.

3 comments:

Malachi Ward said...

Great drawing! And yes, Charleton Heston is cool.

Andrew W. Moir said...

I cracked up when I saw this! Well done, along with lots of your other work here. :)

WHITEHAWK said...

I love the original Planet of the Apes and Ten Commandments - there will never be a hero like Heston. I mean the guy punches out arrogant apemen and also smashes stone tablets from on high like no other Bible dude I know!!! hahaahah