07 August 2009

Special Touch Ministries Banner


Two years ago I was asked to teach an art lesson at a special needs camp for Special Touch Ministries. Since we had limited time I wanted to make sure to do something that everyone could easily follow and complete. I drew this image of Jesus on 20 pieces of heavy stock and disassembled it before anyone could see what it was. Each camper then colored it using anything from pencils to paint. At the end of the night I reassembled it for the campers to see. To me this is a good allegory of the body of Christ: We are all different, bringing with us our strengths and weaknesses but God still uses them all to bring his love to the world.


Special Touch has since gone on to use this image as a banner at all of their events in New Jersey.

1 comment:

Emme said...

On the contrary, I think it quite lovely. It's great to see an artist using his talent to encourage special needs kids and allow them to create something themselves. Keep it up!