10 February 2010

Two Weeks Southwest.


I got all of you a gift for my birthday (it's what we hobbits do)! Click on this link and you can download my 80 page sketchbook journal, Two Weeks Southwest. I drew it day by day during the trip in 2004.

The password is: heston
Available for download for: 7 days (until February 17, 2010).

Before you read it please be aware:
1. That the compressed file is 25MB.
2. That I am considered to be a zealot in some circles.
3. I believe in the second law of thermodynamics.

Thanks and have a great February 10. We are snowed in.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks Chuck,

FYI - when I try to open it (on my macpro) I get an error message "The file was damaged and can not be openned."

Look forward to looking at the sketches. Thanks!

Peace, maka

Chuck Dillon said...

I'll look into it, Maka. Thanks for the note!

Michael said...

Hello Chuck,

FYI - I noticed I could read it using OSX quicklook feature. And I can also open it up in YEP!, so it works. It was just strange the I couldn't open it up as a PDF. At least, I can read it now. Thanks! Peace, maka

Chuck Dillon said...

I'm glad it worked out, Maka.

II tried figuring it out but got distracted by something and couldn't get to it.

Let me know what you think of the book.

Michael said...

Hello Chuck,

I've finally taken the time to start reading your "two weeks Southwest" journal. I'm about 1/3rd through it and it is wonderful. My family and the grandparents took a very similar road trip this past summer so it's nice to see how you saw it back then. And I love the psalm you quoted in there on page 21. Thanks again for sharing this. Peace, maka

Michael said...

Alright I finished it tonight. It was very enjoyable and I loved your prayer at the end of the first trip. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Peace, maka

Chuck Dillon said...

Thank you, Michael. I really do appreciate your kind words. I think you're the only one who actually read it! Ha ha! The southwest is an amazing place and I hope to return with my family someday soon. As long as that trip was and as much as I did I still feel like a only scraped the surface.