17 August 2010

Summer sketchbookings.

This summer I have been the busiest I have ever been which is why my sketchbook is fairly empty these days. Sure, there are sketches and thumbnails but 90% of them are work related so I can not post them here (plus they are rough, incoherent, and boring). I rarely find time to sit and sketch leisurely these days but I have had a few chances this summer...

The first three here are from Philadelphia's Penn's Landing on the eve of Independence Day, during the fireworks.




Below are sketches from Delaware while on vacation with Virginia, Daisy, and her family.


For those of you who are not aware, a sunfish is a small sail boat.




I will be back teaching in the city in a few weeks so I should have more time to sit and draw weirdos.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Ha ha, Chuck! Love em all! The commentary is hilarious. I think I'll try my hand at that. Thanks for posting what you have!

Phyllis Harris said...

These are amazing, Chuck! Man, I must live in normalsville...I'm jealous that I don't get to see these folks around my neighborhood...wel, maybe at the local Wal-Mart...

Chuck Dillon said...

Thanks Paula and Phyllis! Philadelphia is a pretty wacky city but sometimes you just have to look for it.